– All writers, without regard to age and country of origin, are eligible
– The material must be written in English and submitted as a PDF file. The file must not be encrypted or password protected.
– There is no limit to the number of competitions you may submit and the number of times you may submit one project.
– All entry fees are non-refundable.
– All submitted material must be original to the screenwriter.
– All copyright, ownership, and derivative rights to the material submitted remains with the original rights holders and/or author.
– The material submitted must not have been optioned or produced and must be fully owned by the screenwriters.
– All scripts should be written per industry-standard screenplay format.
– Prior winners cannot win the same contest twice, while there is no limit to the number of times a previous finalist, semi-finalist, and quarter-finalists may resubmit.
– Feature scripts should not exceed 130 pages. TV scripts should not exceed 75 pages. Short Scripts should not exceed 30 pages.
The BOSTON SCREENPLAY AWARDS invites various writers, agents, producers, and actors to be part of the jury every season. No two seasons are ever the same. All scripts are judged based on the following: concept, story, character, dialogue, marketability, structure, and clarity. Quarter Finalists, Semi Finalists, Finalists, and Winners will be notified by email. Announcements will be made within 30 days following final submission deadline. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP
Neither BOSTON SCREENPLAY AWARDS nor any other partner, employee or agent associated with these awards claims any ownership in or first right of option to any original screenplay submitted to us. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.
All fees submitted are non-refundable.
SUBMISSION CONDITIONS AND RELEASE
BY SUBMITTING YOUR MATERIALS YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS. You agree to release and hold harmless BOSTON SCREENPLAY AWARDS, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, prize contributors, judges, screenplay analysts, sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting your submission of material, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s submission of materials and/or acceptance or use or misuse of prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the BOSTON SCREENPLAY AWARDS and its sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize. Employees of BOSTON SCREENPLAY AWARDS and their immediate families are ineligible to submit materials. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. SUBMISSION OF MATERIAL IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law. Voided submission fees will be refunded. Recipients’ eligibility will be verified before the grant is awarded and the winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility.